Search the MLS
Searching for a new home can be an enjoyable and exciting process. However, it is important to know that there are many aspects involved with the purchase of a home; and it’s my job to help you through it all! This will most likely be the largest purchase you ever make, so you have to be thoroughly prepared before starting the process. Here is my “to-do” list before we look at any homes:
- Meet at the office to get to know each other and review the forms and procedures involved with buying a home.
- Discuss your housing needs such as bedrooms/bathrooms, location, school district, etc.
- Set you up on our e-mail listing program that notifies you when homes that fit your criteria come on the market.
- Determine your affordability range by referring you a local mortgage representative that can assist you with the pre-approval process. A pre-approval letter is needed before we start looking.
Once we start looking at homes, I will:
- Review the housing market daily and search for the home that fits you best.
- Show you all of the properties that meet your requirements including listings from other real estate companies, New Construction, and For Sale by Owners.
- Answer any questions regarding homes, areas, prices, payments and costs, the locations of schools, places of worship, shopping and other points of interest.
- Provide information on recent comparable sales so that you will be in a position to make an informed decision.
- Prepare the Agreement of Sale and related addenda and coordinate all negotiations between you and the Seller.
- Be available when you need me and remain in contact throughout the process.
After acceptance of the Agreement of Sale and prior to settlement, I will:
- Help you arrange any necessary inspections of the property and attend them with you.
- Assist in identifying companies to provide home inspections, legal services, warranties, insurance, etc.
- Prepare any written addendums needed from the inspections and negotiate with the Seller’s agent.
- Monitor the dates of the contract and send reminders when a due date is approaching.
- Help find contractors to obtain repair estimates and make repairs prior to settlement.
- Send you reminders regarding obtaining Homeowners Insurance and utility services.
- Coordinate the date, time and place of your settlement with your attorney and notify you accordingly.
- Guide you through the entire settlement process.
At settlement and beyond, I will:
- Accompany you to settlement and provide assistance to help ensure a smooth transaction.
- Provide you with consistently courteous and professional service.
- Thank you for you business.
- Follow up after you have moved into your new home.